WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
The information we collect from you allows you to log into our Sites; use our Services and Applications; and register for and/or set up registration for you or your organization’s own customers for events, transactions, sales, memberships, reservations, donations, and/or activities (collectively, “Events”). We also collect information from businesses, organizations, and individuals who request information from EVENT ELF. Individuals and agents of individuals may provide us information directly or indirectly by registering for an Event or by otherwise using our Services (these individuals are referred to as “Consumers”). For example, you may enter your information in order to register for an Event, or someone who has organized a team may enter your information on your behalf to register your entire team. In addition, individuals or organizations can use our Services to set up Events for Consumers (those who use our Services to provide a service to Consumers are referred to as “Clients”). Relatedly, our Clients (including agents of our Clients) may provide us personal information about individuals who have registered for an Event being operated by our Client or who the Client wants us to contact or otherwise provide Services to on behalf of the Client. Information We Collect Directly From You. Account Information for our Sites. You may browse our Sites without creating an online account or providing us with your information, but to use certain features or to register for an Event, you may need to create an account or otherwise provide us with information. When you create an account with us or register for an Event, we may ask you to provide the following:
- Your first and last name;
- Your email address and your desired password;
- Your display name (this is the name other people will see when you post items to one of our Sites or engage in other similar activities on our site);
- Your date of birth;
- Your subscription preferences (whether and what types of information you would like us to send you)
- Information about your activities and interests;
- Other profile data, such as contact information, occupation, gender and photo;
- Your physical activities or similar health related information (how long you exercised, caloric intake or weight lost);
- The contact of information of a friend (when inviting them to visit the Site);
- The contact information for an emergency contact;
- Payment information, such as credit card or financial account numbers (if applicable).
- Log in Information for our Sites.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- We may use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services and for other customer service purposes;
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from us in response to your opt-in requests;
- To provide our Services at the request of our Clients;
- To administer Events;
- To provide and post results of Events;
- To improve our Sites and Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help, and instructions;
- For marketing and advertising purposes; for example, we may use your information to display targeted advertisements to you on our Sites and to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites;
- To send you email, follow-up questions about your Event or your participation in an Event, news and newsletters, promotions, and/or invitations to visit the Site;
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, and for other research purposes. Clients should note that we may use information we receive or collect regarding Consumers (including without limitation via an Event registration page) in accordance with the terms of this Policy, including in the manner set forth above. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in certain contexts, we collect information on behalf of our Clients subject to contractual requirements that limit our ability to use and transfer your information in ways that are more narrow than those in this Policy (e.g., the information be only used as necessary to provide Services to the Client and/or for other specified purposes). In those limited circumstances, your information is subject to those contractual requirements and not to this Policy, subject to enforcement by the applicable Client. If your information is collected on behalf of a third party, it will be evident at the time that you provide such information. This Policy does not cover our Clients’ use of your information outside of our Services. You should contact that party directly to determine if your information is subject to such limitations on uses and to ascertain how the third party will make use of your information.
WHEN AND HOW DOES EVENT ELF SHARE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with non-affiliated and affiliated third parties.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf. For example, these providers may help us administer our Sites and Applications manage and administer Events, or process credit card payments. These third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of or information and may be located wherever EVENT ELF operates. Where required by law, these companies agree to only use such information for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us unless you expressly permit them to use your information for other purposes.
- Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may disclose the information that we collect about you to non-affiliated third parties (with your consent, if consent is required by law), such as promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships. Those third parties may use your information for marketing purposes, such as to market products and services that they believe would be of interest to you. We also may combine the information that we collect about you with other information that we obtain from third parties. This information may help us to determine what advertisements to direct to you, to place on our website, and where to advertise our Services. As discussed in the advertising section below, you have the ability to opt out of certain uses of your information. You also have the ability to opt in to receiving certain information from us and non-affiliated third parties.
- Supplemental Service Partners. By purchasing, making reservations or registering for, products or services offered by third parties as a result of your interaction with the Services or use of the Sites, electing to receive communications (such as emails) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Site, you consent to our providing your personal information to those third parties, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those third parties may use your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them. Additionally, you agree that we will have the right to use and disclose all such information submitted by you to such third parties in the same manner in which we have the right to use and disclose all other information submitted by you directly to us.
- Strategic Partners. EVENT ELF has integration relationships with third-party companies and individuals ("Partners"). These relationships extend the functionality of the Services and the Partner’s application or service ("Integrated Service") by allowing the Services and the Integrated Service to exchange customer data and to establish linked business processes between the two. Customers who pay EVENT ELF for use of the Services and use this Integrated Service are considered customers of both EVENT ELF and the Partner. EVENT ELF and the Partner may share customer contact, account, financial and billing information, and business data with respect to their integrated business relationship with the Customer. The sharing of this information allows EVENT ELF and the Partner to establish the identity of the shared customer and determine referral fees owed. This sharing also allows the Partner to provide consolidated billing services to the shared Customer and allows for the enhanced functionality of the Integrated Service. Information shared for these purposes is governed by this Policy.
- Affiliate and Referral Partners. EVENT ELF has referral relationships with third-party companies and individuals ("Referral Partners") who refer their customers to EVENT ELF. EVENT ELF and a Referral Partner may share certain information with respect to a customer that is referred by EVENT ELF or a Referral Partner to allow EVENT ELF and the Referral Partner to establish the identity of the shared customer and determine referral fees owed. We also may share your information for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company. You acknowledge and agree that any successor to or acquiror of EVENT ELF will continue to have the right to use your information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
Third Party Links
At times, our Sites and Applications may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and secure socket layering to protect our Sites and the information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any of your personal information via the Internet. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer, and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, inserting a password on your web-enabled device, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, keeping your password private, and periodically changing your password. You should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
CAN I ACCESS AND MODIFY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete/remove, or ask to have it removed from a public forum or testimonial by making the change within your account settings or by contacting us via one of the methods listed in this Policy. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time. Also, you may not be able to remove your personal information from archived web pages that we no longer maintain, such as your name and race time from a past Event. In the event we are unable to complete your access request, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If your information has been shared with a third party, as described above, or collected on behalf of a Client, then that third party has received their own copy of your data. If you have been contacted by one of these third parties, or one of our Clients, and wish to correct or request they delete your information, please contact them directly.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING MY INFORMATION?
EVENT ELF may send you emails from time-to-time, for example, to ask you about an Event in which you participated. When you use our Services, you may have the option of signing up for news and offers from us or other third parties, which may include, information about Events, our newsletter or other items that we (or third parties) believe may be of interest to you. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving the information that you have requested to receive from us, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. To opt-out of products, programs, Services or offers from our affiliates and trusted partners, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or log into your account and update your subscription preferences. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer services purposes. In addition, you may still receive emails sent by our Clients through means other than our system. Further, if you opt out of receiving information related to a particular Event, you will still receive EVENT ELF communications and communications from other organizers whose Events you have attended or are registered to attend or who have otherwise obtained your email address. So you may have to unsubscribe from multiple emails before you stop receiving all communications related to Events for which you registered through our Services. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from update communications about the Services unless you close your account. If you wish to not have your personal information shared with third parties for the creation and display of targeted advertisements, you will need to close your account. This action may be possible through the settings within your account or by contacting us at email@example.com. By electing to stop receiving all communications from us or through our system you will no longer receive any updates on your account or on Events you are registered to attend or have previously attended, including communications regarding refunds. We do not recommend that you do this unless you plan to no longer use the Services, are not currently registered for an Event, are not currently organizing an Event and will have no need to receive further communications from us or through our system. Even after you opt out of all communications, we will retain your information in accordance with this Policy, however, we will no longer use it to contact you. However, our Clients who have received your information in accordance with this Policy may still use that information to contact you in accordance with their own privacy policies, but they may not use our system to do so. For the EVENT ELF Site, you may delete/remove personal information by submitting a request to Customer Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to delete your account with us, you may do so by emailing us at email@example.com and specifying which account(s) to delete.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Parents have the right to consent to the collection and use of personal information from children under the age of 13 (collectively, “Children,” and individually, a “Child”) without also consenting to the disclosure of such information to outside third parties, except in order to provide the Services. EVENT ELF does not share personal information collected from Children with third parties for any purpose other than to provide the Services.
What information do we collect from children under the age of 13?
- Personal information such as a parent’s email address;
- Username and password;
- Date of birth;
- Display name (this is the name other people will see when the Child posts items to one of our Sites or engage in other similar activities on our Sites);
- Information about a Child’s activities and interests;
- Other profile data, such as contact information, gender, and photo (collected from the parent);
- Physical activities or similar health related information (how long you exercised, caloric intake, or weight lost);
- The contact of information of a friend (when inviting them to visit the Site); How we use the information collected from Children?
- To provide a notice to parents regarding your Child’s interest in registering to use the Sites;
- To obtain verifiable parental consent;
- To provide our Services, to communicate with parents about your Child’s use of our Services and for other customer service purposes;
- To provide information that a parent or Child has requested to receive from us in response to an opt-in request;
- To provide our Services at the request of our Clients
- To administer Events;
- To provide results of Events;
- To improve our Sites and Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help, and instructions.
Can I access and modify my Child’s personal information? If your Child’s personal information changes, if you no longer wish to allow your Child to participate on the Sites, or if you wish to delete your Child’s information and refuse further collection and use of the information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long is my Child’s information retained? We will retain the information we collect for as long as your or your Child’s account is Event Elf, as needed to provide our Services. You may close your or your Child’s account by contacting us. Nonetheless, we may retain your or your Child’s information for an additional period as is permitted or required to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that even if we delete your or your Child’s information, it may persist on backup or archival media and other information systems.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- California “Shine the Light” Request. California residents may request a list of all third parties to which EVENT ELF has disclosed certain personally identifiable information about you for marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: Attn: EVENT ELF Privacy; Townsquare Active Events, LLC / Townsquare Active Treasury, LLC; 240 Greenwich Ave; Greenwich, CT 06830; Phone: 203-900-5071; Email: email@example.com.
- California Do Not Track Disclosures. For information on our online tracking practices please refer to the section entitled [EVENT ELF Information We Collect Automatically].
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to notify you in advance of such change, by highlighting the change on the Sites or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us. Your continued use of the Services after any changes or revisions to this Policy will indicate your agreement with the terms of the revised Policy. If we make material changes to how we use personal information collected from Children under age 13, we will notify parents by email (at the address provided to us) in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the Child's personal information.
EVENT ELF regularly reviews its practices regarding personally identifiable information and this Policy. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at:
Attn: EVENT ELF Privacy
Townsquare Active Events, LLC / Townsquare Active Treasury, LLC
240 Greenwich Ave
Greenwich, CT 06830